You guys, I have to tell you about the most phenomenal women's yoga retreat I went to this past weekend! First things first, it took place at a Tipi Village which means I slept in a glam tipi for two nights (Um, Amazing!). On top of that, I was with two of my best girlfriends which means my soul was nourished by hours upon hours of therapeutic girl chatting. But wait, there's more! The owner of the Tipi Village, Ken, made the most incredible food for every meal! I mean, INCREDIBLE! One of the lunches Ken made included a watermelon gazpacho that SO hit the spot after indulging in lots of sunshine and yoga.
I was inspired to make my own version of Watermelon Gazpacho upon my arrival home. The best part is all the ingredients just get thrown in the blender and then it is ready to enjoy. This chilled, hydrating soup has me feeling all kinds of fresh, Summer vibes. Hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 lb. seedless watermelon, cubed
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed
- 1 English cucumber, large diced
- 1/2 red onion, large diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- microgreens for garnish if desired
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Pulse until chopped and well combined, but not pureed.
- Serve chilled and garnish with microgreens if desired.