Summer weather is upon us and our Watermelon Sports Drink has been wildly popular! No surprise when it's 90 degrees and hydrating watermelon in all forms pretty much always sounds amazing.
Since the 4th of July is just 6 days away and, if you are anything like me, you'll want to make your hydration celebratory ;) ... I have created a twist on the original. I give you the Spicy Coconut Watermelon Margarita!
Visualize yourself in a star spangled bikini, sipping this on a lake. So what are you waiting for? Go acquire the ingredients needed to make this adult beverage so you can turn your visualization into a reality. It is going to blow your mind!
P.S. If you don't like spicy, just omit the jalapeño and chipotle chili from the rim.
Spicy Coconut Watermelon Margarita
- 2 cups watermelon, blended (about 3 cups cubed)
- 1 cup coconut water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup blanco tequila
- 1 slice jalapeno (omit if you don't like spicy)
For the rim:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder (omit is you don't like spicy)
- 1 slice jalapeno or lime wedge
- Blend all ingredients for margaritas in a high speed blender.
- Wet the rim of 4 16-oz mason jars with water and dip in chipotle chili powder + salt mixture to coat.
- Fill the mason jars to the top with ice.
- Pour margaritas over the top and garnish as desired.
Happy 4th of July!!