I give you the PIZZA FLAVOR flax crackers! A few weeks ago a posted a sweeter, cinnamon version that I quickly gobbled up. I have a serious sweet tooth, but I think this savory version gives the original recipe a run for its money!
I hope these little fiber-packed snacks help satisfy your pizza craving!
Savory Pizza Flax Crackers
- 1.5 cups whole flaxseed
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Mix flaxseed with water in a large bowl and allow to sit for 30-45 minutes. The flaxseed will start to swell with water to form a gel-like consistency.
- While flaxseeds are soaking, pre-heat oven to 170 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After flaxseed has soaked, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread mixture evenly onto baking sheet, all the way to the edges and corners.
- Bake for about 8 hours (I let them bake overnight and they were ready in the morning).
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, then break into crackers.
- Store in Ziploc baggies and they will keep for several weeks.
Want 40+ more nourishing recipes like this one?...