I present to you the next best thing since avocado toast. Don't worry, Avocado toast is still definitely in the breakfast rotation. But, while peaches are in season, definitely capitalize on this delicious alternative!
Peach Ricotta Toast
- 2 slices whole grain bread (preferably thick sliced artisan bread)*
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup organic ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice + zest
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes + extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt + extra for topping
- olive oil & honey drizzle for topping
- microgreens for topping (arugula or sprouts would also work)
*Check out your local farmers market or bakery for grainy artisan breads!
- Toast bread in toaster or toaster oven to preferred doneness.
- Mix ricotta cheese with lemon juice, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon chili flakes and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Divide ricotta mixture onto two slices toast.
- Place sliced peaches across toast.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey, then sprinkle with extra sea salt and chili flakes before finishing with microgreens.
Some of the best brunch items are made at home :) Enjoy!