Every time I travel to Seattle for work, I eat 90% of my meals at Sweetgrass Food Co. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Whatever this place serves up, I'm into. In an attempt to recreate a maca energy bar that they make in house, I came up with this recipe. Although not quite the same as the original, they are every bit as delicious! My husband has officially converted off of Clif Bars and requests these bad boys instead. WIN!
Also, they are super easy and require no baking. Definitely my kind of recipe!
The star ingredient here is Maca. What's that you ask? Maca is a Peruvian root, long touted for promoting increased energy and libido. Maca is rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Buy it in powdered form. Look for gelatinized maca as this is easier to digest than raw.
Hope you gobble them up like we do at our house!
Maca Me Crazy No-Bake Bar
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 3/4 cup dates
- 3/4 cup dried figs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp maca
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- pinch salt
- Soak the dates and figs in hot water for 5-10 minutes while you add other ingredients to food processor.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor. Drain the dates and figs then add.
- Mix, scraping sides and pulsing as necessary, until ingredients are well combined and resemble texture in picture above.
- Press into a small baking dish and let sit up in the fridge. Cut into squares and enjoy!