It has come to my attention that it is National Pancake Day and I feel it is my obligation as a pancake-loving fanatic to share one of my favorite pancake recipes with you!
Let me just clarify that pancakes are appropriate and encouraged on all days... not just National Pancake Day ;)
We love these ones because they are packed with protein and free of refined sugars! Also gluten free for those of you adhering to a gluten free diet.
GF Lemon Ricotta Protein Pancakes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup organic ricotta
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla abstract
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 6 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly coat a non-stick pan with coconut oil (olive oil or organic butter work as well) and heat over medium-high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more oil. Recipe makes 9 pancakes. 3 each serving.
- Top as directed or as desired and enjoy!