When I first discovered that I have Celiac Disease, these muffins became a staple in my life. Yes, they are gluten-free, made with coconut flour. But the truth is, I was never much of a muffin eater, even when I could eat gluten. Baking has always been too precise for my 'throw in a little of this, then a little of that' impulsive cooking style.
Well, these muffins have changed my ways. They're SO easy, and SO forgiving. And, since I'm being honest with you all, what really keeps me coming back is how ridiculously delicious they are. I have yet to be able to stop at just one :)
Ok, and since this a blog about fueling your life, I should let you know how crazy healthy these muffins are. The base is zucchini (sometimes you need to sneak in veggies for adults too :), plus they're packed with lean protein from the eggs and almond butter. So fully-enjoy them as an energizing snack, sweet treat or for breakfast, 100% guilt-free!
(These muffins are the afternoon snack everyday this week for the Zest Nutrition Bootcamp, so those of you fueling along with us, hope you're loving 'em! For those of you not yet bootcamping with us, JOIN US! We're having so much fun! No matter when you join, you'll get all the recipes and 4 weeks of meal plans.)
Love & Zest,
P.S. This recipe was adapted from Ambitious Kitchen, a must-follow blog for fabulous recipes!
Cinnamon Honey Zucchini Muffins, Gluten Free
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners. (You’re only making 10 muffins, so leave two liners out.)
- In a large bowl, stir together banana, almond butter, honey, eggs & vanilla. Add grated zucchini and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined.
- Spoon batter evenly between 10 muffin cups. Bake for ~24 min. or until toothpick comes out clean and the muffin tops golden brown.
- Optional: top with a honey glaze and extra sprinkle of cinnamon