Current Obsession: Teff.
Teff is the smallest grain in the world while also being one of the most nutritionally dense. Teff, a staple in Ethiopian cooking, is packed with fiber, protein and iron. It is also incredibly versatile in the kitchen and has been sneaking it's way into a lot of my recipes lately. If you adhere to a gluten free diet, teff is a gluten free grain that should absolutely become part of your wheelhouse.
I'm loving these Banana Teff Muffins that are perfect for when your bananas get just a little too brown. My breakfast of the moment is a bowl of Greek Yogurt topped with blueberries & cashews + a Banana Teff Muffin on the side. Oh, and of course a cup of coffee ;)
Gluten Free Banana Teff Muffins
- 3/4 cup teff flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix together teff flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk together 4 eggs, melted coconut oil, almond and vanilla extract.
- Mash bananas and whisk with wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
- Divide batter into 10 well-greased muffin wells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.