We are having SO MUCH fun with Spring Bootcamp!
Yup, the recipes are all bright, spring-inspired, and a delight to eat. And yes, it feels SO good to have tons of nourishing food on hand, ready-to-go.
But beyond the food, it's blowing my mind to be among so many bold, compassionate women (and a few brave men ;) all dedicated to fueling their best self.
I've never been a part of anything like this!
As a part of Spring Bootcamp, Eat With Zest has partnered with YoYo Yogi, a cult-worthy yoga studio in Portland's Pearl district. We're halfway through a 4-part series called "The Yoga of Food". The sessions start with a flow led by the brilliant Jill Case and end with a discussion on intuitive eating led by me and Megan. The whole thing is about learning to trust your body, honoring the unique you need to move, rest and fuel.
Imagine dedicating a month to discovering what really makes you feel vibrant and alive, from the inside out! It's such a unique opportunity and such an honor to be a part of this movement.
If you can't tell, I'm bursting with gratitude.... gratitude for YOU! Thank you for filling our Zest Family with inspiration and dedication!
Cake for breakfast
As a little token of thanks, we want to share this Chia Almond Breakfast Cake recipe from week 2 of Spring Bootcamp. In literally 2.5 minutes, you get cake for breakfast! Enough said.
The chia seeds and egg add calcium, protein and omega-3s, making this a balanced power-breakfast. Definitely add fresh berries for an antioxidant hit.
Pro Tip: Batch cook a few cakes and heat them up in the toaster for a nourishing snack on-the-go or breakfast on-the-fly.
Hope these cakes energize your day!
Love & Zest,
Gluten Free Chia Almond Breakfast Cake
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- sprinkle cinnamon
- fresh berries
- chopped nuts
- For one cake, whisk together all the ingredients, then pour into a flat-bottomed bowl or dish, about the size of a cereal bowl (i.e. holds about 1-1.5 cups). Any microwave-safe bowl will work. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Note: To save yourself from cleaning another dish, you can microwave it right in the bowl you used to mix the ingredients.
- Top each cake with delicious goodies of choice.