Some things are just too good to share. Especially when that something involves chocolate peanut butter deliciousness!
These muffins made their debut in Week 3 of the Zest Nutrition Bootcamp and we couldn't resist sharing them with all of you!
Not only do these muffins hit that chocolate-spot, they're also super easy to make and a perfect travel snack for p.m. pick-me-up. They're naturally gluten free, filled with whole, nourishing ingredients and even offer a serving of veggies! Last but definitely not least, they're also a perfect balance of protein and complex carb, making them fantastic fuel before or after your workouts.
I dare you to eat just one ;)
With Love & Zest,
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + extra for toppings
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners. (You’re only making 10 muffins, so leave two liners out.)
- In a large bowl add zucchini, banana, peanut butter, honey, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Next, stir together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients. The last step is to stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between 10 muffin cups. Top with extra dark chocolate chips. Bake for 22-27 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.