You guys! This pie is absurdly easy!
Crust & pie combined active time is no more than 20 min., but that's not the best part.
This also happens to be the ultimate nourishing indulgence. Made with tofu, that's right, I said tofu, it's packed with lean protein. It also has no refined sugar and is naturally gluten free. Literally healthy enough to eat for breakfast! But that's still not the best part.
Hands down, the best thing about this pie is the velvety, rich chocolate goodness. It hits that chocolate spot in all the right ways.
Hope you love & savor each bite!
Love & Zest,
Chocolate Pecan Pie
(vegan, gluten, sugar and grain free!)
Chocolate Pie Filling:
- 1 cup raw pecans + 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top
- 14 oz soft tofu
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
3 Ingredient Gluten-Free Pie Crust:
- 2 cups almond meal (I like this one from Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a food processor. Pour the crumbly mix into a 9-inch pie pan and press it out evenly with your fingers. Chill the crust in the fridge while you make the filling (It can stay in the fridge for up to 3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all pie filling ingredients, except pecans, in a food processor until very smooth.
- Then add the pecans and pulse a few times until they’re chopped.
- Pour into your prepared pie crust and top with pecans halves.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let chill in the fridge before serving (~20 minutes) so it firms up.
It's healthy enough to eat for breakfast, so if you can't wait til dinner, go ahead and dig in first thing in the morning!