Like it or not, Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away. Turkey Day is, no surprise, my favorite holiday! To kick off the holiday recipes, I am sharing one of the favorite dishes from my family. Thanks, Mom!
Chili Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes (~3 1/2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Wrap each sweet potato in tinfoil and bake at 425F for 1 hour.
- While baking, whisk together remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove skins from potatoes, add soft insides to orange juice mixture and mash together with a fork.
- Spread mashed sweet potatoes into a casserole dish.
- Toast pecan halves in skillet on stovetop over medium heat for 2-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Break pecan halves into pieces after toasting with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle over the top of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Serve hot. This can be made in advance, then heated back up in the oven before serving at 175F.
These naturally gluten free, baked flaxseed crackers will keep you full and regular ;) My new go-to snack when I'm on-the-go!
Anyone else gluten free and missing out on the avocado toast craze? These rice cake snacks are the perfect alternative - they're a cool, easy, protein-full summer snack that mom and the kiddos will love. Embrace the rice cake, get creative and love life!
Egg muffins are the ideal snack to fuel an active lifestyle. This recipe packs in the best flavors of summer with fresh basil and sweet cherry tomatoes, while also being dairy free and gluten free, making them paleo friendly. There's also a hint of Italian chicken sausage in each bite, packing in the protein for extra satisfaction and ideal post-workout refueling. For parents out there, be warned that kids also love these.
The fresh Summer recipe you can't live without!
This salad recipe is SO quick & easy, but also hearty enough to be fully satisfying. The egg-less version of the caesar dressing, makes it a cinch to blend up then gobble-up. For a simple, balanced weeknight meal, grill some chicken (or buy a rotisserie chicken) to slice on top.
A gluten free, grain free and naturally sweetened berry tart guiltless indulgence.
We are having a serious obsession with shishito peppers! This is one of the easiest items to add to your grilling repertoire. Pairs perfectly with our 3-Ingredient Sriracha Sauce which has just become our grilling sauce of the Summer! Trust us on this one.
A twist on our Watermelon Sports Beverage couldn't be any better for your 4th of July celebration. Hydrate your party with these Spicy Coconut Watermelon Margaritas!
A healthy, fresh, simple Spring meal to eat for lunch, dinner or any time you need to fuel up!
This recipe is for lovers of chocolate and health. Made with coconut flour and cocoa powder, these cupcakes happen to be super high in antioxidants while also naturally gluten free, grain free, refined sugar-free and paleo friendly, if that's your thing. The frosting is one of my all time favorites and it's also totally sugar-free and vegan. We're talking about some seriously indulgent nourishment.