Like it or not, Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away. Turkey Day is, no surprise, my favorite holiday! To kick off the holiday recipes, I am sharing one of the favorite dishes from my family. Thanks, Mom!
Chili Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes (~3 1/2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Wrap each sweet potato in tinfoil and bake at 425F for 1 hour.
- While baking, whisk together remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove skins from potatoes, add soft insides to orange juice mixture and mash together with a fork.
- Spread mashed sweet potatoes into a casserole dish.
- Toast pecan halves in skillet on stovetop over medium heat for 2-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Break pecan halves into pieces after toasting with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle over the top of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Serve hot. This can be made in advance, then heated back up in the oven before serving at 175F.
Each time we do Nutrition Bootcamp, I re-learn how good it feels to start each week with an arsenal of healthy meals on hand. Isn't it crazy how something so simple, like good food, can impart so much peace of mind to your day and confidence to your life?!
For those of you not able to join us from the start, it's not too late! You have until Oct. 28th to get all of the meal plans and recipes! Once you have these material in hand, Nutrition Bootcamp is yours for keeps, to do whenever works best for your life.
MORE PUMPKIN!!! And it comes in the form of cake for breakfast! Life is short, eat dessert first. Takes 5 minutes total, is gluten free and filled with fiber and protein. Basically there is no reason why you wouldn't make this. You are welcome ;)
The countdown to Nutrition Bootcamp is ON! With Week 1 heading straight to your inbox on Friday morning, we are bubbling with excitement to have women all over the country stocking their kitchens and batch cooking for another round of energizing nourishment!
Nourishing green smoothies are a staple, but when the weather gets cold, I often want something warming. Solution: add some spice.
It turns out that spinach gives smoothies a green-hue ;) and since that also means a delicious serving of chocolate-flavored veggies to start my day, I'll take it.
Hope this smoothie warms your fall and adds some spice to your life!
One-pot zucchini noodle (zoodles) and spicy Italian meatballs! Health, quick & delish!
Pizza flavored flax crackers! The healthiest, fiber-packed way to satisfy your pizza craving :)
These naturally gluten free, baked flaxseed crackers will keep you full and regular ;) My new go-to snack when I'm on-the-go!
Anyone else gluten free and missing out on the avocado toast craze? These rice cake snacks are the perfect alternative - they're a cool, easy, protein-full summer snack that mom and the kiddos will love. Embrace the rice cake, get creative and love life!
Egg muffins are the ideal snack to fuel an active lifestyle. This recipe packs in the best flavors of summer with fresh basil and sweet cherry tomatoes, while also being dairy free and gluten free, making them paleo friendly. There's also a hint of Italian chicken sausage in each bite, packing in the protein for extra satisfaction and ideal post-workout refueling. For parents out there, be warned that kids also love these.