Like it or not, Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away. Turkey Day is, no surprise, my favorite holiday! To kick off the holiday recipes, I am sharing one of the favorite dishes from my family. Thanks, Mom!
Chili Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes (~3 1/2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Wrap each sweet potato in tinfoil and bake at 425F for 1 hour.
- While baking, whisk together remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Remove skins from potatoes, add soft insides to orange juice mixture and mash together with a fork.
- Spread mashed sweet potatoes into a casserole dish.
- Toast pecan halves in skillet on stovetop over medium heat for 2-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Break pecan halves into pieces after toasting with the back of a spoon, then sprinkle over the top of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Serve hot. This can be made in advance, then heated back up in the oven before serving at 175F.
A healthy, fresh, simple Spring meal to eat for lunch, dinner or any time you need to fuel up!
This recipe is for lovers of chocolate and health. Made with coconut flour and cocoa powder, these cupcakes happen to be super high in antioxidants while also naturally gluten free, grain free, refined sugar-free and paleo friendly, if that's your thing. The frosting is one of my all time favorites and it's also totally sugar-free and vegan. We're talking about some seriously indulgent nourishment.
This is the easiest, most scrumptious breakfast cake. Literally takes 2 minutes! Nourishment on the fly!
Here's to fun recipes that the whole family will love! Pizza with a Zesty twist!
This White Bean Chicken Chili is dedicated to all of you out there who say you don't have time to cook. This recipe has seriously got to be the easiest ever. And absolutely no sacrifice to flavor or deliciousness. Pair this with our arugula-avocado salad tossed in a chili-lime dressing.
This Zestified version of the signature sauce at In-N-Out is one of the featured recipes in the 28 Day Spring Nutrition Bootcamp! Sign up before April 28th!
This frittata (featured in our last Nutrition Bootcamp) is the ultimate spring dish.
Most folks think of eggs as breakfast food. They do add a powerful protein punch to the start of your day. But, why not have frittata along with a salad for lunch or dinner? This frittata offers anti-inflammatories (i.e. fresh herbs and egg yolks), protein (from the eggs), and, of course, deliciousness from the goat cheese. It has to taste good!
I'm currently obsessed with teff and these Gluten Free Teff Banana Muffins are my go-to morning wheelhouse of the moment. Paired well with Greek Yogurt and coffee :)
This naturally gluten free pizza is made garbanzo flour (aka chickpea; aka socca) so it's higher in protein and much more nutritious than typical pizza crust, but also easier to make and more flavorful. Add any of your favorite pizza toppings for a super easy weeknight dinner to feed the family.
Go green this St Patrick's Day with our Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie Bowl! With two ingredients to help aid digestion and make for a happy tummy in more ways than one!