Are you ready to start the 28 Day Zest Bootcamp on Monday?!
I am!! I couldn't wait until Monday, so I got started a bit early with a few of the recipes. Holy Moly they are so easy and super delicious! Now I am more excited than ever to crush the Zest Bootcamp with all of you and share how amazing it feels to eat intentionally, filling up on energizing, nourishing foods!
As a sneak peek, here is one of the quick, nutritionally balanced and yummy meals that we will all be enjoying in Week 1 of Bootcamp. It really doesn't take much to make healthy food exciting, just a little commitment and preparation!
If you haven't already, make sure to SIGN UP FOR BOOTCAMP BEFORE FRIDAY because Week 1 Meal Plans go out Friday morning!
balsamic Chicken with quinoa-beet spinach salad
- 1 organic rotisserie chicken (or 4 small chicken breasts, grilled)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar + 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup dry quinoa (~2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 can whole beets, chopped (or 4 fresh beets, roasted & chopped)*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
*I was pleasantly surprised how much I like the canned beets in this salad! I knew I wasn't going to have 40 minutes to roast beets today, so I opted for the can and it worked great! If you have the time and want to roast your own beets, more power to you! If you prefer the quicker option, I don't think you will be dissapointed :)
- Slice meat from organic rotisserie chicken (or grilled chicken) and toss with 1/2 cup balsamic & minced garlic.
- Bring 1 cup dry quinoa to a boil with 2 cups water, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil and 4 teaspoons dijon mustard to make dressing.
- Toss spinach, quinoa, walnuts & beets with dressing. Top with sliced chicken. Add salt and pepper to liking. Enjoy!