MORE PUMPKIN!!! It's officially October and I am on a pumpkin tear. As a result, please enjoy this pumpkin version of the 2-minute Chia Almond Breakfast Cake. It will not disappoint.
Top with whatever you like. I am eating all of the figs I can get my hands on right now, so I topped mine this morning with plain Greek yogurt, figs, cinnamon and maple syrup. It would also be delicious with nut butter :) But what isn't delicious with nut butter??...
pumpkin chia breakfast cake
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- Greek yogurt
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- sprinkle cinnamon
- fresh fruit
- chopped nuts
- nut butter
- For one cake, whisk together all the ingredients, then pour into a flat-bottomed bowl or dish, about the size of a cereal bowl (i.e. holds about 1-1.5 cups). Any microwave-safe bowl will work. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Note: To save yourself from cleaning another dish, you can microwave it right in the bowl you used to mix the ingredients.
- Top each cake with delicious goodies of choice.
There is more where this came from! Get 40+ more healthy, quick recipes like this one when you join 28-Day Nutrition Bootcamp. You can start at any time during the month of October and it is the perfect way to reset before the holidays!