Finally posting my first healthy donut recipe! Whole wheat and slightly sweetened with coconut sugar. These tasty treats are topped off with a protein packed glaze made from PB2.
Just in case you were curious... Each of these donuts only has 115 calories! They also provide 17 grams of carbohydrate and 5 grams of protein which is a 3.5:1 ratio, perfect for post-workout!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup PB2 + water
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 6-count doughnut pan lightly with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another medium-large bowl, whisk together milk, egg, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute in doughnut pan. Tap pan on counter to release air bubbles. Bake for 8 minutes, until doughnuts are cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together PB2 + water (add slowly until you get a nice, thin consistency without being too liquidy).
- Let doughnuts cool before glazing. Once cool, dunk doughnuts in glaze and place on cooling rack or wax paper to dry.
- Serve and enjoy!