All cookies should really be called bakies since, after all, we bake them. However, these little guys are so healthy they most definitely can't be classified as cookies, so "Bakies" it is! No sugar. No butter. Vegan. Gluten Free (if made with gluten free oats). Only 5 ingredients!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter today but in the past Wild Friends Chocolate Almond Butter has been an equally delicious choice)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free oats to make recipe gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas and mix with nut butter. You may want to heat your nut butter for one minute in the microwave first to help make mixing easier.
- Stir together oats, cinnamon and baking powder, then mix with bananas and nut butter.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop cookies onto baking sheet. Makes 9 cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (for 1 cookie): 186 calories, 6 g protein, 8 g fat, 26 g carbs, 4 g fiber
They would also be a good stand in for on-the-go protein bars with a similar nutrient profile as many of those you would find pre-packaged at the store.
Fuel Up & Enjoy!