It's great to have a go-to salad for parties and entertaining. This one has been my most recent favorite and it is great for the holidays! As we get closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas, throw in some pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries to add in a touch of festive color.
To be totally honest, I buy my Brussels sprouts pre-shaved from Trader Joe's and my kale pre-shreded from New Season Market. Secret is out! If you don't have these items available to you, no worries! Just thin slice your Brussels sprouts and fine chop your kale before you begin. It is one extra step, but so worth it!
First, whisk up the dressing. Super easy mix of olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, shallots, lemon zest and maple syrup.
Next chop your roasted almonds. Buy them pre-roasted or put raw almonds in a pan on the stove top for a few minutes to bring out those rich flavors and give your nuts a good crunch.
Toss together your shaved Brussels sprouts, kale, almonds & dressing, then shave in the parmesan cheese and give your salad one last tossing.
Shredded Brussels Sprout Kale Salad
- 3 cups shaved Brussels sprouts (1 Trader Joe's package)
- 5 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Toss together salad ingredients.
- Whisk up dressing ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing, adding extra kale and Brussels sprouts as needed.